Further information at the telephone number +421 33 7424657,
- Create the final version of the draft in a black and white combination by Indian ink, so that it will be clear what graphic techniques it has been proposed to. Drawings created by a pencil, pastel or shade drawings do not meet this requirement. Mässer plates are successful at creation of designs.
- Use any of the graphic techniques (lino-engraving, lino-cut, wood-cut, wood-engraving, plastic-engraving, paper-engraving, imprint from a drawing paper, dry needle, imprint from a template, etc.) for your original ex libris in one or more colours.
- The size of the contest works is not allowed to exceed 13 x 9 cm and they must be placed in the middle of a white drawing paper of the size 21 x 15 cm (A5) – see the example at the back of these conditions!
The proposal can be created directly on white drawing paper or you can cut it out from another background and glue it to the required drawing paper. It is necessary to print the original ex libris directly, another version cannot be evaluated!
- All the contest works have to contain the text and picture parts. It is the word EX LIBRIS, EXLIBRIS, FROM BOOKS, BOOK, the name and surname of the owner or institution. You can use an initial (Jozef SOKOL, J.SOKOL). No other initials (J.S.), other variants of your name or nickname, e.g. Babena, Žuža or Ferino, are permitted.
- The picture part must have a direct relation to the theme of the contest.
- Each contestant cannot send more than 2 contest works!
- All contest works have to contain the full name of the author, his/her age, address of school or the author at the back of the paper. It would be suitable to write also the author’s gender. In case of collection of works , it is necessary to enclose a list of contestants with all the required data . We also ask for the name of the ex libris, so that we could check if you comply with the topic.
- Use the Slovak language in your correspondence with organisers of the contest, foreign participants will use the English language. The contest organiser welcome your proposals of topics for next years of the international art contest EX LIBRIS HLOHOVEC.
- The delivered contest works will remain in the possession of the organisers with the right to exhibit them and use them for promotional and other purposes . The participants accept the conditions of the contest by sending their application. It is only possible to send the works that were not part of another contest or exhibition !
- The deadline for sending the contest works is January 31, 2009 , the address is EX LIBRIS AD PERSONAM HLOHOVEC, Námestie sv. Michala 3, 920 01 Hlohovec. Please do not leave sending your contest works to last days, you will thus complicate the work of organisers.
- The jury reserves the right not to award a prize if the contest works in a given category do not reach a satisfactory level. The best works of the 11th year of the contest will be exhibited at a separate exhibition, they will be included in travelling exhibitions or published. The works that do not comply with the specified criteria will be excluded .
- The ceremonial announcement of the results of the contest, awarding and other activities will be held on October 2, 2009 in Hlohovec.
The organisers will inform the participants on the details in a separate invitation. The results of the contest will be published in an official bulletin, on www.elap-hlohovec.sk and in mass media..
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.elap-hlohovec.sk